Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's been an Exciting Week!

Our lambs were not due until Easter Sunday(earliest possible date according to a chart that I have used for years). So the Thursday before we planned to move the girls down to the "Nursery" close to the house in order to keep an eye on them.We're old pros at this now so I wasn't even anxious like I used to get those first few years. I knew we'd probably be waiting for quite awhile before anyone went into labor and I was NOT going out there every five minutes, no way.I had just returned from shopping for all the last of the Easter menu items and ready to move the girls when Lou got home. Glancing up the pasture I see all the ewes running or should I say waddling fast to the sheep shelter. Odd, I thought, looks like what they do when there's a birth. A birth??? No way! Dropping the groceries on the counter I pick up the ever present binoculars, and oh my goodness! A pair of tiny yuglet eyes are staring back at me!Zsa Zsa's ram lamb was all cleaned up,dryed off and hopping around when I got up there. We named him "Early".We gave them the "suite" all to themselves and moved the others down to the thankfully freshly prepared jugs~just in the nick of time! No waiting around this year.

Soon after Una delivered another ram lamb,Anatole, without us even knowing it... we turned around and there he was .

At our Sheep Shearing Day last month we had a "Name Our Lambs" sheet out for all to sign. We have 37 names listed. All of the names,except Early, are from that list.


Hours later Sweet Gum delivered a beautiful light grey yuglet,katmoget~ Grace.

Two days break enabled me to prepare Easter dinner for 10, get the house cleaned and even relax and enjoy our company. Easter morning was glorious with sunshine !
Lou made a very realistic tomb out of cardboard for the childrens' Easter Program. It was a big hit. Many families had they're photos taken in front of it.
Nana and Kylie Joy witnessing the empty tomb.


Monday we woke to find Bella presented us with twins~ ram and ewe katmogets~ Colin and Clothilde.



I'm being pulled away from the computer by my dear husband who wants to take me out to dinner. So I'll have to continue the saga later . Sorry, Donna, I'll get to today's adventure soon ,I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment